Aloe Vera (liquid)
- Has a highly moisturizing effect
- Contains over 220 active ingredients
- Can be used for facial, hair and body care
Aloe vera is suitable for caring for all skin types. Aloe vera is particularly suitable for dry skin as it supplies the skin with extra fluid. A special property of aloe vera is that it retains moisture. This prevents the skin from drying out again after a short time.
Aloe vera also has an anti-inflammatory, cooling and refreshing effect. For this reason, aloe vera is used in a variety of care products.
Aloe vera can be used instead of water (aqua) in emulsions. Aloe vera provides the ideal base in facial toners/facetonics and can be supplemented with other floral waters, active ingredients and (essential) oils. When processing in cosmetics, care should be taken to ensure a sufficient concentration of at least 10-15% in order to achieve effectiveness.
Since we do not add any consistency-giving substances to our aloe vera, it retains its natural liquid consistency. This liquid consistency is created when the gel-like fillets from the aloe vera plant come into contact with oxygen. The gel structure breaks down into a watery consistency. A gel can be mixed with the help of xanthan gum or another gel binder.
Use of aloe vera in cosmetics
- Aloe vera has a moisturizing effect, relieves itching and inflammation
- Aloe Vera stimulates collagen production by stimulating macrophages and fibroblasts
- Aloe vera also helps with dry hair and itchy scalp, as these often lack moisture
INCI name: Aloe Barbadensis Extract
Botanical name: Aloe Barbadensis Miller
CAS number: 85507-69-3